Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayo Review


I decided to give the Hellman's Olive Oil Mayo a whirl. For 1 tbsp of the Mayo your looking at a Weight Watchers Points Plus of 1..



I so wanted to like the Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayonnaise but I didn't.

There is some kind of a odd after taste to it and I can't really place what it is. It could be the olive oil, but Ive never tasted Olive oil that gross before if that's the taste I'm tasting.

There are 10 grams of fat in the original Hellmann's and the Olive Oil one has only 5 Grams of fat. The Olive Oil one has 1 g of carbs as where the original one has 0...

I will give this a try again in a recipe instead of straight up on a sandwich next time and I will hope for a better taste . I shall let you know how I feel about it.



I think I will still stick to my yummy Dukes Mayo.. this may be a southern products so some of you guy's may not of heard about it.. IT'S SOOOO GOOD !!!!!

Have any of you guy's tried the Olive Oil Hellmann's yet? What are your thoughts on it.

7 comments:

  1. I did not like the Olive Oil Mayo as well. I do not much care for Olive Oil to begin with. But I had heard so much about it. I'm from NY and have not heard of that mayo. Might have to check it out on our next trip south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried Dukes but I may have to look for it and give it a whirl. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the olive oil mayo but I do like the Kraft garlic and herb flavored one. Haven't had any mayo for a while now but I think it is also one point for a tablespoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of Dukes. I have seen the Hellman's Olive Oil Mayo but since I like the Hellman's Light Mayo for the past few years I will stick to what I like. It's a point a tablespoon too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried Hellmann's Canola Oil Mayo and it was awful too. I'd rather have a small amount of the real thing than more of a yucky substitute. The same goes for a lot of the fat-free cream cheese and sour cream products, they just have a nasty taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the Hellman's Olive Oil mayo, and I really like it! I use it in dip recipes (along with light sour cream), and in my salads that call for mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will use Hellman's light, but if I use the name brand mayo, I prefer the regular--the taste is better. However I really like the mayo, VEGANAISE, which comes in regular or light. No cholesterol. less calories, less fat!! And I really like the taste of either the regular kind or the grapeseed oil type. It is a little higher priced but as a mayo lover its worth it to me to have a healthier product that tastes good! It was formerly only found in health-food stores but I have now found it in Publix, a regular grocery store.

    ReplyDelete