Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jambalaya Weight Watchers Friendly..





Hey everyone..

I Thought Id share my Jambalaya Recipe with you all... I have shrimp coming out my ears so this is one of favorite way's to use it..




You will need:

 4 Chicken Apple Sausage sliced up ( or any other lower fat sausage)
 1 Large Onion diced
 2 cloves garlic crushed
1 lb uncooked Shrimp ( peeped and cleaned )
1 Medium Green Pepper diced
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 cups chicken broth low sodium
Cooking spray
1 can crushed tomatoes 14oz
3 tbsp Cajun Seasoning such as Tony's
3 Green Onions sliced thin
 Franks Hot Sauce optional





Spray a large skillet or pot with cooking spray. Add your diced peppers and onion and garlic. Cook till tender. Add your chicken and sausage.Cook for 10minutes on medium heat.
Add the rice and chicken broth crushed tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low. Cook for 40 min or until rice is fully cooked.  Add the peeled shrimp and chopped green onions. Cook till shrimp are fully cooked .



I sometimes add more seasoning depending on who is eating this dish. If my little guy is eating then I cut way back. I add Franks hot sauce to mine as well as a little sour cream.



Weight Watcher Points per serving..... 8 Points plus

2 comments:

  1. I really like shrimp but I'm a little afraid of cooking it. I'm not sure why, but I'd prefer to get shrimp at a restaurant. I'm the same way with fish. Your recipe does sound good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an awesome WW's recipe...What is the serving size of this recipe? How many serving does it yeild?

    ReplyDelete